About Madaraka Express - By Kenya Railways Corporation
Kenya Railways is a State Corporation established by an Act of Parliament (Cap 397) of the Laws of Kenya, and commenced operations on January 20, 1978. The mandates of the Corporation are:
1. Provide skills and technology for the railway sector
2. Provide efficient and effective railway services
3. Leverage our assets to grow business
4. Promotion, facilitation and participation in national and metropolitan railway network development
In keeping with its mandate, Kenya Railways is committed to providing the country with safe, reliable and efficient railway transport services. The railways master plan sets out to transform the national railway network through the rolling out of the mass commuter rail system for the country's metropolis and the construction of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network.
Our Core Values
We are committed to achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction through continuous improvement of our services
Integrity & Teamwork
We are guided by probity and highest business ethics in carrying out our business. We operate as a team and fully subscribe to the principles of teamwork as a key attribute to achieving our objectives.
We adhere to impeccable professional and personal standards while conducting the affairs of the Corporation. The Corporation’s services shall be offered in a professional manner and with expertise that ensures high quality.
Know More About Us
To be a provider of world class rail services.
To develop an integrated rail network and provide efficient and safe rail services.
- Provide skills and technology for the railway sector
- Provide efficient and effective railway services
- Leverage our assets to grow business
- Promotion, facilitation and participation in national and metropolitan railway network development